We strive to recruit children with very high academic potential and a willing guardian who will guide them as needed. All they need is a caring person willing to offer sponsorship and their lives will be transformed! A sponsor relationship not only gives a child a chance through education, but also hope. Children know that someone, somewhere cares and they are in constant communication through emails and letters. The sponsor grows with the child and builds a strong bond with the student. Sponsorships cover various expenses for each of the levels the child attains:
Primary Day School Sponsorships: Kes 75,000 a year covers about half the cost of the major elements of the program – including school fees, uniforms and books, funds for Saturday Programme, August Camps, basic medical care and caseworker support.
High School (Boarding) Sponsorships: Kes 125,000 a year covers the increased cost of sending the children to boarding school away from the distractions of their homes in the slums. High school boarding schools are the norm in Kenya and include school fees, uniforms, back to school shopping, books, food three times a day and activities.
Higher Education Sponsorship: Kes 100,000 per year covers the education costs for students pursuing post-secondary school studies. This includes, trade school, college and universities. The sponsorship for trade and college school is a max of 2 years with exception of Nursing and journalism. For university studies that go for 4 years, the program supports only students who attain direct entry to the university (government sponsorship) for the four years.
- Students who qualify to join the programme are placed on the website awaiting sponsorship
- The students are also entered in Salesforce as they await sponsorship.
- Once a sponsor is interested in a student, they select the student on the website and fill in the sponsorship type and billing information (if you are not able to use this process, you can contact us through email email@example.com or call +254792745612 for assistance.
- The relation manager creates the sponsor relation in Salesforce and the child’s status changes to being sponsored. The relation manager sets up the renewal month of the sponsorship.
- The database administrator sends a welcome letter to the sponsor and attaches a short biography of the child to acquaint the new sponsor with the child.
To learn more about sponsorship, visit our friends of ngongroad website sponsor page