We need your help to run and enhance the Saturday Programme and all our student-support programs. Normally during this time, we would be preparing (and raising funds) for August Camp, which our students love. As a result of COVID, they will instead be attending school for most of August to make up for lost education time. We hope to resume camp in 2023, and this year we have added expanded programming to our very popular Saturday Programme during the students’ shortened school breaks.
Saturday Programme is educational and fun
Each Saturday the students enjoy a variety of fun and engaging activities such as:
- Games and physical activities to facilitate teamwork and physical awareness
- Cognitive activities including book reading and puzzle games to support learning
- Expressive art therapy to help with life’s challenges
- Clubs, such as drama, music, and Taekwondo to support a broadening of interests
- And importantly, a healthy lunch
In addition to the Saturday Programme, we provide age-appropriate programming throughout the year such as Life Skills training, Sexual and Reproductive Health sessions, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Education, Career Development, and Entrepreneurship Training.