Computer Lab Objective: To enhance our student’s technology awareness in typing skills, basic software and hardware, application packages, internet usage and coding.
As the world becomes a global village through technology, it is important for all the children to become familiar with computers and learn how to use them. In April 2011, we proudly opened a computer lab, complete with new desks and chairs, with laptops brought from the U.S.
We launched it to enhance our student’s understanding of:
- Keyboarding skills (typing skills)
- Basic application packages such as Word and Excel
- Basic software and hardware
- Use of the Internet in e-learning, e-mail, and social media.
Primary students attending day school at Nelson Mandela have classes during the school week while those attending Jagiet, GSU, and Ngando Preparatory plus all secondary students attend classes during school holidays.
Our computer lab features the following:
- We employ a computer lab assistant, who has developed customized training for children depending on their age and knowledge of computers.
- A dedicated room in our office space houses all the computers and laptops which have all been donated from us.
- Through a generous donation from UltraKey, our children are learning keyboard skills in a fun and fast way.